Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Colic!

Well, Max is already 3 weeks old! It's really hard to believe time is going by that fast, but I feel like I've loved him forever! He is growing like crazy and so darn cute I can't quit kissing on him. He loves to take a bath! I get in and hold him (with Tim's help, of course) and he stretches out and leans his head back as far into the water as he can. It is so adorable! Unfortunately, he has colic and is having some crying fits that just kill me. It is so hard to see his little face in pain. We have discovered that he likes the sound of the hair dryer, so we use it often! I talked to his pediatrician and she told me about some probiotic drops to get (we had to order them online). They are crazy expensive - $45 for a 5 mL bottle - but if they work, it is sooooo worth it! We just got them today, so we have our fingers crossed. I will spread the news to every expectant mother I know if they work!!!




My sweet husband took this lovely picture of Max and I sleeping after being up for several hours! This has become a very familiar position for us! As you can see, my appearance has been the least important thing in my life these days. I'm not a napper at all, but I have learned to nap at any point in the day that the opportunity arises!



Tim has completely amazed me through all of this! He is so eager to help me out and completely concerned about how I'm doing. I didn't think it was possible for me to love him anymore than I already did, but I do - more and more every day.



I have to say the hardest thing that I have to deal with every day (even more than the colic), is Tim's parents being so far away. Family is the absolute most important thing in the world to me and it kills me that we can't get down there. Hopefully we will get to go this fall. That time can not come soon enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment